Book Club Questions for If I Were You
Are you part of a book club or group? Interested in featuring IF I WERE YOU?
Email Lisa’s assistant to coordinate special information and materials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some suggested questions for the reading group:
- If you found a journal would you read it?
- Why would Mark — a smart man – hire Sara without checking references? What do you think his motives were?
- Do you think Chris and Mark were once friends and if so why?
- Why if Sara was rich growing up has she not traveled? What clue do you think this might be to her past?
- Who do you think is the man from the journal and why?
- What do you think happened to Rebecca?
- Do you think it’s okay for two consenting adults to participate in a BDSM style relationship?
- How do characters change or evolve throughout the course of the story? What events trigger such changes?
- Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way?
- How did you experience the book? Were you engaged immediately, or did it take you a while to ”get into it”? How did you feel reading it—amused, sad, disturbed, confused, bored…?
- If you could ask the author a question, what would you ask? Have you read other books by the same author? If so how does this book compare? If not, does this book inspire you to read others?